CARIBBEAN CUP 2019
AUGUST 1st to 5th
Caribbean Cup 2019 is a competition open to the entire international community of freedivers.
Each day of competition the athletes are free to choose the discipline in which they want to compete (CNF, FIM, CWT, CWB) as well as if they do it under CMAS or AIDA rules.
Caribbean Cup 2019 is a CMAS & AIDA World Record Status Competition.
WEST BAY BEACHWest Bay is the beach where the event will take place. The diving platform will be located 3 minutes by boat from our headquarter, the “SAN SIMON BEACH CLUB”.
SAN SIMON BEACH CLUB
at MAYAN PRINCESS RESORTThis Beach Club has opened their doors to the freediving community and allowed us to use the club as the event headquarter.
At this venue, we will host the following amenities:
- Registration area and Office Space / WI-FI.
- Room for staff/helpers.
- Judges Room.
- Room for award ceremony.
- Room for Event Committee.
- Safe storage / lockers.
- Showers and changing rooms.
- Full bar and restaurant.
- Lounge chairs and hammocks.
The site proposed for the competition is 0.70 m from shore ( N 16° 16 ́ 577 ́ - W -86° 36 ́ 365 ́ ), located in front of West Bay Beach and within 3 minutes by boat from our headquarter at San Simon Beach Club.
Two moorings are permanently installed on a large submerged sand patch, at a depth of 189 meters (620 feet). These moorings will then anchor the competition platforms and boats for athletes, staff, spectators and media.
MARINE INFRASTRUCTURE, PLATFORMS AND TRANSPORTATIONS
- Two platforms with an competition line each.
- Queen Victoria is a newly built catamaran boat, 60 ft in length, 24 ft wide, and has two 450 lbs of horsepower engines. This comfortable boat will be anchored and offer dry space in the competition area (shade, fresh water showers, bathrooms, bar) to the athletes, staff and media.
- A transfer boat with a capacity of up to 20 people will be permanently available to ferry competitors, judges and staff from shore to the competition catamaran. (3 minutes boat ride).
- One additional boat will be permanently by the dive platform for the exclusive use of emergency evacuation.
SAFETY AND MEDICAL PROTOCOLS
WE WILL HAVEDOWNLOAD THE MEDICAL PROTOCOL
- 6 Experienced, trained safety divers per competition line.
- 1 Doctor/medic on the platform per line.
- Traditional counter balance system capable of 2+m/s assisted ascent .
- 1 Safety scuba diver on site for counterbalance system backup.
- 1 High resolution sonar per competition line.
- Emergency evacuation boat.
- 1 Fully equipped ambulance on standby at our headquarter San Simon Beach Club.
- 2 Paramedics provided by Volunteer Firefighters of Roatan.
- Medical clinic 200 meters from our headquarter San Simon Beach Club .
- Advanced medical center and decompression chamber at 15 minute drive.
EXPECTED WEATHER CONDITIONS
Humid with a tropical climate.
25 - 30 C (77 - 86 F)
27 - 29 C (80 - 84 F)
Water temperature decreases about 2 degrees at 100 mtrs